What should you do with your placenta?
Consuming your placenta postpartum is believed to have amazing benefits for new mothers. Some of the wonderful things women have reported are:
- Eased postpartum bleeding
- Providing hormones including lactogen and prolactin to assist with breast milk supply
- Replenishing iron lost from birth and helping prevent post-birth anemia
- Balancing out hormone levels until the body is able to regulate on its own
- Providing natural pain relief after the labor and birthing process
- Helping return the uterus to pre-pregnancy size
- Providing a consistent flow oxytocin, the bonding and love hormone
- Replenishing B-vitamins and providing protein for energy
Why should Palouse Women’s Wellness process your placenta?
Placentas are prepared by Marci Miller, who was trained in placenta encapsulation through hands-on experience with a Certified Professional Midwife. She is also enrolled in a Women’s Health Herbalism training program. Marci processes placentas in a separate space in her own home using safe handling procedures for blood-borne pathogens and uses proper sanitation for the safety of both client and processor. She takes all proper steps in cleaning to assure a clean environment and a safe product. She is up-to-date on Blood Borne Pathogens certification for healthcare workers. Image: Blood Borne Pathogens Certification
Placenta preparation service options:
PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION (PILLS) – RAW METHOD
*I no longer offer raw method due to concerns of pathogens being passed on. Please be aware that encapsulators who continue to offer ‘raw method’ are not up-to-date on current best practice standards for placenta enacapsulation.*
PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION (PILLS) – HIGH HEAT DEHYDRATION
Placenta rinsed and dehydrated at 160° for 24 hours. This method may potentially destroy some of the enzymes and hormones, however, it is safer knowing that any potential bacteria is also destroyed.
PRANA BALM PREPARATION
A coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter based balm infused with your dehydrated placenta. It also includes lavender and calendula. Amazing for stretch marks, sore nipples, and other skin irritations. May be used on your baby’s bottom as well.
A bit of dehydrated placenta placed in a mason jar in alcohol (80 proof vodka). You have to swirl the liquid around a few times every day for six weeks and then pour the contents into a tincture bottle (included). The tincture lasts indefinitely and can be used for balancing hormones, menopause, or times in life when you need the extra support.
The cost for high heat method of encapsulation is $200.
Prana Balm preparation may be added to an encapsulation order for $40, and tincture preparation may be added for $25. If you would like to order one or both of these services as a stand-alone instead of an add-ons to encapsulation, there is an additional delivery fee of $15.
Vegan capsules are available for an additional $10 on encapsulation orders (by advance request only).
Each order includes a cord keepsake for free. The cord is dried in the shape it naturally takes.
Pick-up and drop-off at locations within 30 miles of Moscow is free. Travel over 30 miles for pick-up is $20.
A discounted rate for the above items is available for birth doula clients.
How to have your placenta processed by Palouse Women’s Wellness:
To inquire about becoming a client of Palouse Women’s Wellness, follow these steps:
- Fill out the form below. Our encapsulator, Marci, will contact you to ensure your questions are answered.
- When you are ready, you will electronically sign our contract and pay a $50 non-refundable deposit to reserve your space on our calendar. The remainder of your fee will be due at the time your items are dropped off.