You wouldn’t set out on a whitewater rafting trip on a new river without a guide, right? Even if you’ve been planning your trip for a while and are excited about the journey, there’s a lot of unfamiliar territory to navigate.
Having a baby is a lot like that – and we’re here to provide a solid place to put in at. Birth Choices on the Palouse is a free monthly class that will give you an overview of your pregnancy, birth and postpartum options in Moscow, Pullman, and the LC Valley. Whether you’re planning a baby or currently pregnant, we can help sift through the information overload and identify the resources you need and want.
If you’re already confident in your choice of provider and/or birth location, Birth Choices is your opportunity to learn about additional pregnancy resources and practitioners. The number one thing we hear in class is, “Wow, I didn’t know I could _______…”
At Birth Choices on the Palouse, Marci Miller, Laurel Bake, and Rebecca Haley, doulas and educators with Palouse Women’s Wellness, will answer questions like:
- What providers are there on the Palouse?
- What provider should I see to get the birth experience I desire?
- What is a doula and why would I want one?
- What is the difference between a midwife and doula?
- What are my pain relief options in labor?
- Is home birth safe with a midwife?
- What classes can I take to learn about childbirth, baby care, etc.?
- What supplemental resources are available throughout my pregnancy – yoga, swimming, chiropractic, acupuncture?
Birth Choices on the Palouse sessions are held the 2nd Thursday of each month from 5:30-7:00pm at the Palouse Women’s Wellness office located at 106 E Third Street #3B in Moscow, Idaho. Partners are encouraged to attend!
Planning to join us?
Drop-ins are always welcome, but we do appreciate RSVPs. To sign up for a session of Birth Choices on the Palouse, follow these steps:
- Fill out the form below, indicating what session you’d like to attend. We will contact you to ensure your questions are answered.
- Be sure to check your email for welcome information and date/time confirmation near the start of your class.
- Bring note-taking materials if you’d like — we typically cover a lot of information and throw out a lot of names!