Birth Choices on the Palouse
What is Birth Choices on the Palouse?
This free monthly class is intended to provide an overview of available pregnancy, birth and postpartum options and connect you with the information you need regarding birth on the Palouse. It is delivered in a casual format with lots of questions-and-answers. Even if you’re confident in your choice of provider and/or birth location, Birth Choices is your opportunity to learn about additional pregnancy resources and practitioners, as well as meet the doulas of Palouse Women’s Wellness.
Classes are held each 2nd Thursday of the month from 5:30-7:00pm at Palouse Women’s Wellness office located at 106 E Third Street #3B, unless otherwise indicated. Partners are encouraged to attend!
What is taught?
Marci Miller, Laurel Bake, and Rebecca Haley, doulas and educators with Palouse Women’s Wellness, will answer questions like:
- What providers are there on the Palouse?
- What provider should I see to get the birth experience I desire?
- What is a doula and why would I want one?
- What is the difference between a and midwife and doula?
- What are my pain relief options in labor?
- Is home birth safe with a midwife?
- What classes can I take to learn about childbirth, baby care, etc.?
- What supplemental resources are available throughout my pregnancy – yoga, swimming, chiropractic, acupuncture?
Bring YOUR questions — this class is about connecting you with the information you need.
This class is free and open to the public.
How to join us for a Birth Choices class:
Drop-ins are always welcome, but we do appreciate RSVPs. To sign up for a session of Birth Choices on the Palouse, follow these steps:
- Fill out the form below, indicating what session you’d like to attend. We will contact you to ensure your questions are answered.
- Be sure to check your email for a welcome information and date/time confirmation near the start of your class.
- Bring note-taking materials if you’d like — we typically cover a lot of information and throw out a lot of names!