Birth Choices on the Palouse
What is Birth Choices on the Palouse?
This free monthly class is intended to provide an overview of available pregnancy, birth and postpartum options and connect you with the information you need regarding birth on the Palouse. It is delivered in a casual format with lots of questions-and-answers. Even if you’re confident in your choice of provider and/or birth location, Birth Choices is your opportunity to learn about additional pregnancy resources and practitioners, as well as meet the doulas of Palouse Women’s Wellness.
Classes are held each 2nd Thursday of the month from 5:30-7:00pm at Neill Public Library in Pullman, unless otherwise indicated. Partners are encouraged to attend!
What is taught?
Marci Miller and Laurel Bake, doulas and educators with Palouse Women’s Wellness, will answer questions like:
- What providers are there on the Palouse?
- What provider should I see to get the birth experience I desire?
- What the heck is a doula and why do I need one?
- What is the difference between and midwife and doula?
- What are my pain relief options in labor?
- Is home birth safe with a midwife?
Bring YOUR questions — this class is about connecting you with the information you need.
This class is free and open to the public.
How to join us for a Birth Choices class:
Drop-ins are always welcome, but we do appreciate RSVPs. To sign up for a session of Birth Choices on the Palouse, follow these steps:
- Fill out the form below, indicating what session you’d like to attend. We will contact you to ensure your questions are answered.
- Be sure to check your email for a welcome information and date/time confirmation near the start of your class.
- Bring note-taking materials if you’d like — we typically cover a lot of information and throw out a lot of names!