What is Positive Birth?
We are a facilitated group that recognizes all types of birth and promotes a positive outlook for choices made or to-be-made. Each meeting will feature a topic and discussion promoted by the Positive Birth Movement international organization.
We are a grass roots movement, spreading positivity about childbirth via a global network of free Positive Birth groups, linked up by social media. We believe that every woman deserves a positive birth.
We think a positive birth means:
– Women are where they want to be
– Choices are informed by reality not fear
– Women are listened to and treated with respect and dignity
– Mothers are empowered and enriched
– Memories are warm and proud
Our movement exists because, at a global level, many women are not currently having a positive birth. We hold the birth experience to be of fundamental importance, to mothers, to fathers, to babies, to families, and to society.
We wish to change birth for the better.
We aim to:
– Challenge the culture of negativity and fear that exists around birth
– Share positive birth experiences
– Share information about choices and rights in childbirth
– Encourage women to raise their expectations of childbirth
We will do this by:
– Establishing a network of free to attend positive birth groups
– Linking all groups together via social media to build a global network of shared expertise, power and positivity.
– Working together to challenge the culture of fear that surrounds birth.
– Empowering women to approach birth differently.
This group is for all women, whether you are planning on becoming pregnant, currently pregnant, or postpartum. You can also join the find us on Facebook at Positive Birth Movement Moscow, Idaho.
When is the Positive Birth Meet Up?
We meet monthly on the first Wednesday of the month from 5:30pm to approximately 6:30pm at the Palouse Women’s Wellness office at 106 E 3rd St #3B in Moscow.
Who hosts Positive Birth?
Palouse Women’s Wellness co-owner Marci Miller facilitates the monthly group.
Just your time! Positive Birth has been and will remain free to join and participate in.
How to join us for Positive Birth:
Positive Birth is always open, so you are welcome to join us whenever you can. If you’re feeling a little lost or nervous and would like someone to reach out to you before you come, just fill out the form below and we’ll connect you with a current member to help welcome you.